Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sausage

So I'm happy. I mean really happy. In the past week I finally met a goal and it feels good to accomplish something I set out to do. Not only am I happy but I'm walking around smiling like a fool - even have the occasional pep in my step. You see, after my son was born in October, I made a promise to myself to lose some weight and exercise. And then I made a long term goal of what size I wanted to be by the time I was 36. So I started working out and eating slighty better after Christmas (no way I was going to attempt it during the holidays for me and food have a wonderful relationship).
And the last week, I went to the Gap and decided to try on a pair of size 8 jeans just for sheer amusement...and they fit!!! Even better I didn't look like sausage or have a muffin top! I was dancing like I was on Soul Train in the dressing room and was just blown away. When I started this journey, I was a size 14 and my goal was to one day be in a single digit. Now before we continue, let me just say that I do not know exactly how much weight I've loss or how much I currently weigh - I don't believe in scales and refused to be ruled by a number. As long as my clothes fit and look good, I'm fine with it.
Now what? I've set another goal to go down another size and once I meet this goal I'm not sure what I'll do. I have no desire to be stick thin - honestly, I'm happy where I am now.
To everyone who has contacted me with their own journey into being fit, I wish you the best of luck. I'm also humbled by the fact that there are those of you who I have inspired to join me on this journey. I'm going to be honest with you, it's taken a lot of work and hasn't been easy at all. Currently I'm on a 1200 calorie/day diet, do cardio three days a week and strength training three days a week - and I drink a TON of water. I live at the gym lately. It was until I changed my diet radically that I noticed my clothes were getting looser but keep in mind I've been working out since the end of December.
So once you do start to lose some weight, please do not squeeze yourself into a pair of jeans and look like sausage because I will make fun of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment