Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Smalentines

Today is Valentine's Day and I think it has to be one of the crappiest days ever. And before you all think I'm bitter, my husband  did actually want to do something sweet, I just refuse to let him waste the money on such a farce of a holiday. Correction: it's not a holiday if the banks are still open, the mail runs and the kids are still in school.
I find it hard to get excited about a day where one celebrates their love for another when they should do this every day. I don't need jewelry, a fancy dinner or flowers to make me happy. Simple things like a note (which will never happen with my husband), watching the kids, cleaning up or sex will do just fine. I think when you're young and fancy free, maybe it's cute. You know, like when you're exchanging Valentine's Day cards in your kindergarten class. Otherwise, not so much.
So to all of you who are spending today with the one you love - good for you. Hope he spends a mint on you. I meanwhile will spend my last day as a 35 year old, watching mindless tv, chasing my kids around, eating yet another salad and not blowing a crap ton of money on a day that is just a damn joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment